The Dermabond is gone, and now I’m even more certain a scar will remain. And do you want to know something?
I don’t really care.
I’ll use the Mederma, because that’s what I should do. But that scar just below my left eyebrow will serve as a constant reminder – or many constant reminders, for that matter:
- … that none of this is within our control; that He kept our little blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl safe on that Sunday afternoon.
- … that she won’t be little forever.
- … that asking for help is sometimes the best thing to do.
- … that always thinking through what could happen is incredibly important. We should have been much more careful; things could have been much, much worse.
- … that some things in my life are just as I want them.