Update: So I’ve decided to use a separate site to house my 1,000 gifts posts. I’ll leave 1-50 here, and in the future, I’ll just post a link (and maybe a sneak peek) when each set of 50 is up. My 1,000 gifts …
This year, I’ll count 1,000 (and hopefully many more) gifts, or blessings, in my life. Some may be silly, some more serious, and probably most right in-between. I’ll fill you in on it a little more later, but for now, here are the first 50.
1. The health of my family.
2. The playdate that shouldn’t have been. We were supposed to be visiting a wedding venue with my sister, her fiancee, and the rest of my family yesterday. When the stomach bug hit Lil through the night on Saturday, we were forced to stay home. We ended up having a fabulous day in – playing choo-choo, watching Shrek, making macaroni & cheese, and just being.
3. The fun in “just for practice for the party that’s 4 months away” cake making. I have a few improvements I’ll make on our next “practice” cake, but it was a start that left me feeling fairly confident.
4. Good relationships with my sisters.
5. Pandora radio.
6. A 60+ degree Saturday in January. We had an amazing time at the park, which leads me to number 7.
7. A growing little girl. She can now ride her bike!
9. My ability to listen. Just listen.
10. A little 2-year-old girl curled up in my lap, watching Dada paint the new back door.
11. Inspirational bloggers.
12. Motivation and dedication.
13. Driving a bit further just to say, “hello.”
15. A warm home.
16. The reflection that accompanies packing up the Nativity this year.
17. Little kisses.
18. The promise of our first “Bucket List” trip.
19. The 2011 Family Gift, which is much more of a blessing than anything money can buy.
20. The light in Lily’s eyes as I show her the Steelers hoodie she’ll wear the day after their loss to the Broncos. We’re no fair weather fans, thank you very much.
21. Great crock pot recipes.
22. Memories in print.
23. Starting an inspirational book.
24. Colleagues who are incredibly real.
25. Pinterest for inspiration.
26. A large, currently blank wall.
27. That tiny cross that still needs a home in our home.
28. Beginning to craft invites 4 months in advance.
29. My kitchen assistant, who happily pours, mixes, and measures.
30. Finding something you’d forgotten you had.
32. Being able to come to work on Monday (also known as avoiding the stomach bug).
34. My uber-handy husband. There’s nothing he can’t do, and I’m more grateful than he will ever know.
35. A beautiful sunrise.
36. The eyes of a little girl who noticed the beautiful sunrise a few mornings ago.
37. The times I actually listen to my inner voice.
38. Supportive and loving parents.
39. A gym at work.
40. A song that reminds me of who I am and where I came from.
41. A comment or like on a blog post.
42. A song and coaster this morning that take me back to that place that brought me here.
43. A note from a friend.
45. The ability to plan months in advance for things I truly enjoy.
46. A tin roof at the office. That sound puts me in a happy place every single time.
47. Comfy slippers.
48. My standing desk. I love this thing!
49. Thriving plants that survived a tumble across the car.
50. Handwritten things. Just a little handwritten note can mean so much.