This is why I have such a hard time sustaining these initiatives. I’m always motivated by the desire to lose weight. Sure, healthy eating, family health motivations, and just because are always a very close second, but my primary reason is to lose weight. I work my rear off – eating right, tracking calories, getting in lots of exercise. And what happens?
I gain weight.
So I look at what I did this week. In general, I ate as I was told by MyFitnessPal. If I worked out and needed to eat extra calories, I got as close to that calorie intake number as I could without forcing myself to eat if I wasn’t hungry. I tracked every last bite.
- Mon: untimed walk/run @ park | 14,551 steps
- Tue: 45 min treadmill | 11,955 steps
- Wed: 45 min treadmill, 25 min walk/run @ park, 30 min Wii Fit Free Step | 17,793 steps
- Thu: 35 min treadmill, 30 min Wii Fit Free Step | 11,665 steps
- Fri: 45 min treadmill, 30 min Wii Fit Free Step | 13,779 steps
- Sat: no workout | 6,599 steps (Poor performance, I know.)
- Sun: no workout | 13,291 steps
So I certainly could have gotten one or two more workouts in there. Admittedly. And I did eat a cupcake and some buffalo chicken dip on Saturday. Didn’t need that, but by no means did I go overboard.
I’ll try harder this week. But to gain 3.6 lbs? Seriously? At my best over the past week, I’d seen a loss of 1.5 lbs – and the disclaimer here is that my scale broke, so I used a total of 3 different methods – my old scale until it died, my Wii Fit in between, and my new scale once it arrived.
I’ll keep going and give it time. But I’m already aggravated. Mamavation Sistas, I’m going to need your help this week to keep my motivation up!!!