It’s been a ridiculously exciting month – Lily is learning more every day! She’s got the gripping thing down, holding on to anything she can get (Usually it ends up being your shirt!). She’s making so many more sounds, and is even laughing! And just a few days ago, she added rolling over to her list of skills! Yippee!
To make things official, here’s our updated list of progress for her third month of life. According to What to Expect the First Year, by three months, Lily …
… should be able to:
- on stomach, lift head up 45 degrees (Check!)
… will probably be able to:
- laugh out loud (Yep, and she’s doing so more and more every day! We got our first laugh on 7/26 and the girl hasn’t stopped since!)
- on stomach, lift head up 90 degrees (Check!)
- squeal in delight (Yes!)
- bring both hands together (She can, and usually they’re holding something.)
- follow an object held about 6 inches above baby’s face and moved 180 degrees – from one side to the other, with baby watching all the way (Check! I just tried it the other day.)
… may possibly be able to:
- hold head steady when upright (Yep, she’s had this one for a while.)
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms (I don’t think she’s figured this out quite yet.)
- roll over (one way) (Um, how about BOTH ways!? Yeah!)
- grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers (I guess – this description doesn’t really make sense to me, though.)
- pay attention to an object as small as a raisin (Haven’t tried this one …)
… may even be able to:
- bear some weight on legs when held upright (Yeah, she’s been good here for a while.)
- reach for an object (She reaches for the animals on her bouncy seat all the time. That is, after she’s done flirting with them!)
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting (Haven’t tried …)
- turn in the direction of a voice, particularly mommy’s (Yes, and it’s awesome!)
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combination (Sure … she’s making tons of noises!)
- razz (make a wet razzing sound) (Yep, one of her many new noises!)
There’s also been lots of chewing and drooling. She usually gnaws on her fist – doesn’t suck her thumb, but will eat her fingers like a champ! She’ll also chew on your arm if you let her – it’s hilarious!
She’s started watching television and the computer screen – I guess it’s the bright colors and constant motion that suck her in. It’ll entertain her for quite a while – not that we want to make that a habit when she’s old enough to really watch television, but for now, it’s okay with me.
We’re having a blast with Lily, to say the least. I count my blessings each day – I’ve been given such an amazing gift, and I treasure each day with her. It’s hard to believe it’s been 3 months; before we know it, we’ll be sending her off to kindergarten, watching her head to the prom, and walking her down the aisle (Daddy, not me.)!
I’ll post the list of what she’ll do over the next month tonight, and will probably have 3 month pics tomorrow. Until then, I leave you with this unicorn photo – it’s a bit old (7/29), but I love it! Check out that grip!